|Subtitle||Students must have registered to the course in winter term. Only summer beginners (1st semseter) may still can get registered to the course, if seats are available.|
|Current number of participants||19|
|expected number of participants||12|
|Home institute||Institute of Physics|
|Courses type||Practical in category Teaching|
|Preliminary discussion||Fri , 19.06.2020 11:00 - 12:30|
|First date||Fri , 17.04.2020 09:00 - 17:00, Room: (Windlab und andere Forschungslabore der Physik)|
|Participants||Master students Engineering Physics, 2nd semester|
Registration in winter semester to
5.04.4102 Register sonstige: Advanced Laboratories in Renewable Energy for Eng. Physics in summer term
Bachelor students will not have access to the lab. Bachelor students who have studied successsfully at least 150 CP and who have applied for Master may receive a seat, if available.
The ‚Advanced Laboratories in Renewable Energy for Eng. Physics ‘ can not be offered as an online course since it depends on personal attendance in the lab. Until further notice, the seminar has to be postponed. Once the ordinary teaching on the campus has been started again we will investigate when and in which format the seminar can be offered.
Students can still sign-in on Stud.IP to indicate their interest in the seminar. We will notify these students once we know when the seminar can be offered again.
During summer term , each student performs 3 labs selected form a pool of labs adressing advanced measurement techniques and equipment represented in the Renewable Energy research work of various research groups at the Institute of Physics. The pool includes topics on material analysis, optical measurement techniques and state-of-the-art technologies.
1. The course 5.04.4102 Advanced Laboratories in Renewable Energy (Adv. Lab) in the Master Engineering Physics is related to the Advanced Laboratories in Physics (Fortgeschrittenen-Praktikum), yet organized in the Eng. Physics specific module phy631 Advanced Metrology with 6 credit points.
2.From summer term 2021 the module phy631 Advanced Metrology will hold a lecture on Advanced Metrology. The course 5.04.4102 Advanced Laboratories in Renewable Energy for Eng. Physics will be moved within the examation regulations from From the mandatory module phy631 to an optional new module among other optional modules within the engineering part of the specialisation Renewable Energy of the study programme Master Engineering Physics
3. The Adv. Labs are research oriented. Students acquire the competence to plan, execute, analyze, document and present complex and advanced physical experiments. They deepen their experience in working with state-of the-art measurement and analyzing equipment within the field of Experimental Physics applied in the field of renewable Energy.
4. The course 5.04.4102 Advanced Laboratories in Renewable Energy holds for 6 Credit Points. The course is compiled of three Adv. Labs (1.75 CP each) and one Seminar (0.75 CP). Each laboratory is typically executed in 3 days of 8 contact hours. (typically on Fridays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.). might be offered during the semester break.
5. If one Adv. Lab should be offered as a block training of 4 or more days, it will be counted for 2 Adv. Labs. Students should be aware of the deviating timeslots then, e.g. during semester break.
6. Each Adv. Lab has to be finished with one protocol, following the standards of science standards. Specific criteria for the assessment scheme will be given.
7. The course if offered along with a seminar. The seminar trains students to deepen skills in the evaluation and results of experimental work in Physics .
8. The seminar represents 0.75 CP. Regular participation is mandatory.
9. Final mark represents the four parts (3 labs, 1 seminar) in its relative share
10. Distribution of Advanced labs will take place on the first seminar day (Students get informed about te first meeting).
Expected perfomance in summer term:
- 3 labs with 3 protocols
- homework coming along with 3 seminar days
Assessment Type: Fachpraktische Übung
Please also read the information under the item "Lernorgansiation".
|Lehrsprache||deutsch und englisch|