Part II: Technologies of the Global Energy System
- Power Plant Technology Basics: Thermodynamic cycles, efficiency, technologies, ...)
- Conventional Power Generation: Steam power plants, gas turbines, nuclear
- Advanced Power Generation: Combined cycle, co-generation, fuel cells, magneto-hydrodynamic power generation, stirling machine, heat pumps,..
- Electric Power Distribution: Utility grids, distributed generation, integration of RET, ..
- Solar Thermal Power Plants: parabolic trough, central receiver)
- Geothermal and Ocean Energy