|Module label||Public Finance|
|Credit points||6.0 KP|
|Faculty/Institute||Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law (Business Administration and Business Education)|
|Used in course of study||
|Skills to be acquired in this module||
• understand government action and its analysis using methods from public finance,
• have basic knowledge in public finance, and can put questions of public finance in the context of scientific discussions
• describe the operations of markets and government intervention,
• apply methods from public finance to the analysis and evaluation of fiscal policies - alone and in small groups - and question them critically;
• can present their results in the form of written contributions and oral presentations, and can defend them in the scientific debate.
The lecture part addresses the topics:
Wigger, B. (2006), Grundzüge der Finanzwissenschaft, Springer, Berlin.
Blankart, C. B. (2017), Öffentliche Finanzen in der Demokratie, Vahlen; München.
Rosen, H. S. & T. Gayer (2010); Public Finance. Mcgraw-Hill Higher Education.
|Language of instruction||German|
|Duration (semesters)||1 Semester|
The module consists of a lecture and a seminar on a topical issue in public finance.
|Modullevel / module level||---|
|Modulart / typ of module||je nach Studiengang Pflicht oder Wahlpflicht|
|Lehr-/Lernform / Teaching/Learning method|
|Vorkenntnisse / Previous knowledge||Einführung in die VWL (wir041), Mikroökonomische Theorie (wir120), Mathematik für Ökonomen (mat990)|
|Course type||Comment||SWS||Frequency||Workload attendance|
|Total time of attendance for the module||56 h|
|Examination||Time of examination||Type of examination|
|Final exam of module||
seminar paper, presentation and discussion: end of semester
voluntary short mid term test that improve grades by 0.7 may be undertaken
Submission of seminar paper, presentation and discussion towards the end of the lecture period. Bonus: short mid-term examination, by which a maximum grade improvement of 0.7 points can be achieved.