|Credit points||6.0 KP|
|Faculty/Institute||Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law (Business Administration and Business Education)|
|Used in course of study||
|Skills to be acquired in this module||
The main target of the "Eco-Venturing" module is to develop entrepreneurial skills for the development and implementation of environmental innovations and sustainable business ideas. These include:
• the ability to identify new solution needs in the context of sustainable development and the sustainable development goals set by the United Nations,
• Knowledge and skills for the entrepreneurial development and implementation of innovative solutions,
• Knowledge and skills for systematically combining economic (Eco-nomical) and ecological (Eco-logical) objectives and
• the ability to strategically develop "green" business areas and markets.
• The entrepreneurial development and implementation of environmental innovations can relate both to the establishment of new companies and organisations and to the development of new solutions and business ideas within the framework of established companies and organisations (corporate venturing).
The main focus of the Eco-Venturing module is the development of new or established business start-up concepts. Under of guidance of their lecturer, participants will work together with selected regional business partners who are both economically successful and contribute to the protection of the environment and the climate, to promote such start-up concepts. What these concepts have in common is that they address the issue of sustainability.
|Language of instruction||German|
|Duration (semesters)||1 Semester|
The module "Eco-Venturing" is part of the Master's programme "Sustainability Economics and Management (SEM)" and focuses on "Eco-Entrepreneurship".
The module "Eco-Venturing" can be taken either individually or in combination with the two other modules of the study focus "Eco-Entrepreneurship" ("wir 920: Advanced Entrepreneurship", "wir 832: Innovation Management"). Two of the three modules must be taken in order to be recognised as a specialisation. The Eco-Venturing module is mandatory (cf. examination regulations for the Master's programme SEM, § 4, para. 4).
The module Eco-Venturing is also available for students of the Master's programme WiRe in the ManECo area and can be credited as the module Advanced Entrepreneurship (wir849 Advanced Entrepreneurship). The same applies to students of the Master's programme in Business Informatics. Here it can also be proven as wir849 Advanced Entrepreneurship
|Modulart||je nach Studiengang Pflicht oder Wahlpflicht|
|Lern-/Lehrform / Type of program||Projektorientiertes Modul|
|Vorkenntnisse / Previous knowledge|
|Course type||Comment||SWS||Frequency||Workload attendance|
|Projektorientiertes Modul||4.00||56 h|
|Total time of attendance for the module||56 h|
|Examination||Time of examination||Type of examination|
|Final exam of module||
Usually at the end of lectures
to be announced at the beginning of the course