|Module label||Civil Law and Commercial Law|
|Credit points||6.0 KP|
|Institute directory||Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law|
|Applicability of the module||
|Skills to be acquired in this module||
- are familiar with the legal working methods, basic concepts of law in general and of civil law and commercial law in particular,
- are familiar with the law of obligation and law of property, in particular with contract law, as well as with commercial law, which are the main fields of interest in the future professional practice,
- are able to solve legal cases in a goal-oriented way,
- are able to find approaches for legal problems as well as recognize liability risks and how to deal with them,
- are in case of contract negotiations able to recognize the requirements for regulations and to evaluate consequences of regulation.
In this module students will learn the basic concepts of civil law, commercial law and company law. The mail focus are the first two books and to some extent the third book of the BGB. After an introduction to the legal system and the legal sources of private law, the course will deal with the persons and objects of legal relations (legal subjects and objects). An introduction into general contract law (among others: transaction doctrine, representation, termination of obligations, arrears, defaults) follows then. Subsequently, the lecture will handle the main types of contracts of civil law, commitment and performance of transactions and ownership and possession. The focus of the commercial law will be the determination of traits of merchandiser, the company law, the commercial register and legal liability issues as well as cross-border trade. This is followed by an introduction into company law.
Subjects of the module: Introduction into legal studies, basic principles of law, private law / public law, legal sources, general part of the civil code, law of obligations (without law of torts): contracts, type of contracts, defaults / breaches, law of terms and conditions; parts of property law. Traits of merchandiser, company; commercial register; Representation in commercial law (procuration, action and charging power of attorney); commercial transactions; forms and consequences of the change of the owner; commercial agents and brokers; customary law / trade terms; CISG; partnership / corporate law.
The module will enable students to evaluate complex legal relationships in the economy discretely.
Führich, E., Wirtschaftsprivatrecht, 13. Aufl., 2017.
Meyer, Wirtschaftsprivatrecht, 8. Aufl., 2016.
Taeger, J., Wirtschaftsprivatrecht, 5. Aufl., 2013.
|Language of instruction||German|
|Duration (semesters)||2 Semester|
|Type of module|
|Type of course||Comment||SWS||Frequency||Workload of compulsory attendance|
|Total module attendance time||84 h|
|Examination||Examination times||Type of examination|
|Final exam of module||
end of semester