|Module label||Introduction to Private Law|
|Credit points||6.0 KP|
|Institute directory||Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law (Business Administration and Business Education)|
|Applicability of the module||
|Skills to be acquired in this module||
- are familiar with the legal working methods, basic concepts of law in general and of civil law in particular,
- are familiar with basic concepts of contract law as the main field of interest in the future professional practice,
- are able to handle legal cases by legal assessments and by goal-oriented means,
- are able to find approaches for legal problems as well as recognize liability risks and handle them,
- are in case of contract negotiations able to recognize the requirements for regulations and to evaluate consequences of regulation.
In this module students will learn the basic concepts of civil law. The main focus are the first three books of the civil code. After an introduction to the legal system and the legal sources of private law, the course will deal with the persons and objects of legal relations (legal subjects and objects). An introduction into the general contract law (among others: transaction doctrine, representation, termination of obligations, arrears, defaults) follows. Subsequently, the lecture will handle with the main types of contracts of civil law, commitment and performance of transactions and ownership and possession.
Subjects of the module: Introduction into legal studies, basic principles of law, private law / public law, legal sources, general part of the civil code, law of obligations (without law of torts): contracts, type of contracts, defaults / breaches, terms and conditions law; parts of property law.
The module will enable student to evaluate the complex legal relationships in the economy discretely.
Empfohlene studienbegleitende Literatur im ersten Semester:
Klunzinger, E., Einführung in das Bürgerliche Recht, 16. Aufl., München 2013.
Musielak, H.-J./Hau, W., Grundkurs BGB, 13. Aufl., München 2013.
Taeger, J., Wirtschaftsprivatrecht, 5. Aufl., Edewecht 2014.
Begleitendes Übungsbuch zur Vorlesung und Übung:
Mester, B., Übungen zum Bürgerlichen Recht, 4. Aufl., Edewecht 2014.
|Language of instruction||German|
|Duration (semesters)||1 Semester|
|Type of module|
|Type of course||Comment||SWS||Frequency||Workload of compulsory attendance|
|Total module attendance time||56 h|
|Examination||Examination times||Type of examination|
|Final exam of module||
end of semester