|Modulbezeichnung||Dilemmas in Infrastructure Planning|
|Fachbereich/Institut||Department für WiRe (VWL)|
|Verwendet in Studiengängen||
After following this course the students are able to:
1. Describe general debates on network and governance theory;
2. Convert these debates into two perspectives – a network perspective and a governance perspective – which can be used to gain insight into developments in infrastructure planning practice;
3. Apply these perspectives on the fields of waterway, energy and road infrastructure planning in order to gain insight into planning problems, dilemmas and potential solutions;
4. Critically reflect on these problems and dilemmas in planning practice and to develop smart institutional designs to deal with these problems and dilemmas;
5. Communicate and persuasively present relevant institutional designs to an audience that includes both peers as well as planning professionals.
This course focuses on network and governance dilemmas that arise in the planning and realization of different kinds of infrastructure networks. In three thematic blocks three waterway, energy and road infrastructure networks will be covered. In total, the course consists of four thematic blocks, as the first block focuses on the general debates on network and governance theory and translates these debates into two main perspectives – a network perspective and a governance perspective. Each of the three thematic blocks will be discussed on the basis of both perspectives. The end of each block is marked by a formative exam. At the end of the thematic blocks there are also mandatory excursions with assignments. Costs may have to be made for these excursions.
|Dauer in Semestern||1 Semester|
This course is part of the second year of the Double Degree Master Water and Coastal Management and takes place in Groningen.
See https://www.rug.nl/ocasys/frw/vak/show?code=GEMDILEIP for more information about this course.
|Modullevel||MM (Mastermodul / Master module)|
|Modulart||je nach Studiengang Pflicht oder Wahlpflicht|
|Lern-/Lehrform / Type of program||Excursions, Lecture|
|Vorkenntnisse / Previous knowledge|
Assignments, Mid-term tests digital
|Workload Präsenzzeit||0 h|