|Credit points||9.0 KP|
|Faculty/Institute||Institute of Physics|
|Used in course of study||
|Skills to be acquired in this module||
After successful completion of the module students should be able to:
- evaluate and critically reflect on his/her two months working experience
- critically appraise and compare professional working in different working environments, i.e. business, research, development organisation
- conclude whether he/she intends to work further in this particular field of Renewable Energy for his/her master thesis
External Internship (180 h workload)
The ‘External Internship’ is an approximately two-month stay in companies, consultancies, international development organisations or research institutes, normally outside Oldenburg University. Students stay for and perform ‑ in accordance with some basic principles ‑ one or several tasks, related to the activities/business of the respective host organisation. The training, normally situated in the break between the first and second semester of the postgraduate programme, can either help to prepare for the six-month Master Thesis Project, which will follow after the third term. Otherwise, it can also be used as a supplementary or complementary experience in an additional field of interest. Organisations that take PPRE students for an internship may have their own regulations with respect to internships, which apply anyway. The external Internship will be concluded by a report (ca. 20 pages).
The University of Oldenburg requests to fulfil a few requirements for the internship:
- The university needs an acceptance letter (incl. contact details of local supervisor and topic of internship) from the host organisation prior to start the internship.
- The duration of the training should enable students to return to university at the beginning of summer term classes.
- Weekly full-time workload is required. However, it should not exceed local standards.
- Students are asked to hand in a report (approx. 20 pages) on their training, comprising a description of the host organisation, planned and performed tasks, perspectives for a thesis project, and give a presentation in the Internship Seminar in the summer term.
- If the host organisation demands a certain format of the report, the student has to comply.
- A short feedback by the local supervisor about the performance of the student during the internship is requested and recommended, but not compulsory.
Internship Seminar (90 h workload)
|Languages of instruction||German, English|
|Duration (semesters)||1 Semester|
|Modullevel||BC (Basiscurriculum / Base curriculum)|
|Modullevel||MM (Mastermodul / Master module)|
|Modulart||Pflicht / Mandatory|
|Modulart||Wahlpflicht / Elective|
|Lern-/Lehrform / Type of program|
|Vorkenntnisse / Previous knowledge|
|Course type||Comment||SWS||Frequency||Workload attendance|
|Seminar||2.00||SuSe and WiSe||28 h|
|Practical||4.00||SuSe and WiSe||56 h|
|Total time of attendance for the module||84 h|
|Examination||Time of examination||Type of examination|
|Final exam of module|