|Module label||Re-engineering of business processes|
|Credit points||6.0 KP|
|Institute directory||Department of Computing Science|
|Applicability of the module||
Marx Gomez, Jorge (Module responsibility)
Lehrenden, Die im Modul (Authorized examiners)
|Skills to be acquired in this module||
- are able to classify, explain and model business processes.
- are able to explain business process management and re-engineering of business processes as well as their differences.
- have practical knowledge in the field of business process modeling, partly based on scenarios from the topics industry 4.0, sustainability and data science
- learn the pros and cons of different methods by applying them to model business processes.
- are supposed to work in teams and therefore have to identify working packages and have to take on responsibility for the jobs assigned to them.
- present and discuss their own results with the team and the other members of the course
This course starts with an introduction to business process modeling with a focus on event-driven process chains and BPMN. Second, business process management will be discussed, focusing on discovering, modeling, documenting, implementing, managing and optimizing business processes. Third, business process reengineering will be elaborated, with a focus on driving forces such as industry 4.0, sustainability and data science.
The course will implement different research oriented aspects, e.g. the students will elaborate a number of real world examples and present their results within the course.
|Language of instruction||German|
|Duration (semesters)||1 Semester|
|Module frequency||annually in winterterm|
|Modullevel / module level||AS (Akzentsetzung / Accentuation)|
|Modulart / typ of module||Wahlmodul / Opportunity|
|Lehr-/Lernform / Teaching/Learning method||V+Ü|
|Vorkenntnisse / Previous knowledge||Wirtschaftsinformatik II|
|Course type||Comment||SWS||Frequency||Workload of compulsory attendance|
|Total time of attendance for the module||56 h|
|Examination||Time of examination||Type of examination|
|Final exam of module||
At the end of the lecture term.
written exam and practical exercises