Wednesday: 14:00 - 16:00, weekly (from 15/04/15), MM
Modern teaching requires modern teaching methods and although there are several different approaches to ELT they all seem to agree that activities which involve real communication are essential for language learning. This brings the role and quality of tasks in the language classroom into focus.
In this seminar we will analyse and actually try out different modern methods in ELT.
Emphasis will be put on a practical approach including a teaching unit in an Oldenburg or nearby school.
Wednesday: 16:00 - 18:00, weekly (from 15/04/15), Ü
The primary focus of this Advanced Language Skills course is on advanced writing skills and language use. Course participants will be expected to write academic texts and analyze their own written language use. They will be introduced to effective ways of self-editing and improving their academic writing, including using online tools and resources. Additionally, they will be given the opportunity to expand their procedural and declarative knowledge of advanced grammar.
For students studying MEd (Gym) and MA (English Studies), this course forms half of the compulsory module ang900: Language Skills for Proficiency, and is graded.
Wednesday: 08:00 - 10:00, weekly (from 15/04/15), MM
On successful completion of this module, students should be able to:
- explain and critically discuss hypotheses in foreign language acquisition
- describe and explain competences at beginning, intermediate and advanced
- evaluate and discuss procedures to lesson planning (task based, ppp,
- evaluate and discuss structure, content and activity design in textbooks
- explain approaches to teaching content based subjects in a foreign language
- describe and explain opportunities for learning outside classrooms
Tuesday: 12:00 - 14:00, weekly (from 14/04/15), MM Dates on Tuesday. 14.04.15 12:00 - 14:00 On successful completion of this module, students should be able to:
- explain problems with language development
- write and evaluate various types of lesson plans at different levels
- compare and explain different ways of designing syllabuses and curricula
- explain and implement approaches to evaluating ELT materials
- develop and explain reference-based criteria for a research project
- explain approaches to content based language learning
Participants are expected to:
- Provide commentaries on topics discussed in class
- Write a research proposal (6-7 pages)
Notes for the module
abgeschlossenes Bachelor Studium
Das Modul sollte besucht werden im 1. oder 2. Studienjahr.
Time of examination
Ende der Vorlesungszeit/Beginn der vorlesungsfreien Zeit
Skills to be acquired in this module
Studierende können didaktische und methodische Problemstellungen beim Aufbau von fremdsprachlichen Kompetenzen reflektiert darstellen und auf Aspekte der Unterrichtsgestaltung übertragen und insbesondere
Hypothesen und Theorien zum Fremdsprachenerwerb problemorientiert beschreiben und erläutern
Ansätze und Verfahren kommunikativen Unterrichtens erläutern
Entwicklungen von fremdsprachlichen Fähigkeiten lerntheoretisch beschreiben
Neuere didaktische Konzepte fremdsprachlichen Lehrens und Lernens einordnen und erläutern
Kriterien für die Evaluation von Unterrichtsmodellen theoriegeleitet entwickeln und benennen