This module provides an introduction to the medical informatics and medical technology.
**Professional competence** The students:
- know the medical and healthcare computer science applications
- know typical IT solutions and infrastructures
- know the legal framework to process care data
- know medical classifications and nomenclatures and the DRG-System and are able to apply them
**Methodological competence** The students:
- know bio-medical research requirements and patient data privacy methods
- know communication standards and apply them in small-scale scenarios
- know and apply patient safety and risk management methods
- know and apply biosignal and image processing methods
**Social competence** The students:
- Realise the importance of communication during the software development process between developer, customer and user of a successful and secure system. Feedback, request, respectful cooperation and the empathy of other disciplines' working processes are of great importance.
**Self-competence** The students:
- Realise their responsibility as a medical informatic and reflect their impact on patients, medical employers and hospitals (corporates)