Students gain knowledge on:
- Assessment of solar thermal ambient parameters: regional global, diffuse, reflected solar radiation on horizontal and on tilted plane, ambient temperature
- Solar thermal collectors
- Solar thermal heat exchangers
- Solar thermal storages
- Solar thermal systems and their operation
- Characterization of solar thermal system
- Asessment methods for solar system behaviour
Notes for the module
2 Prüfungsleistungen: Klausur (3h, Gewicht 75%) sowie Referat (15 min. Präsentation, 15 Seiten Bericht, Gewicht 25%).
Skills to be acquired in this module
After successful completion of the module students should be able to:
-critically evaluate and compare three major Renewable Energy conversion processes and technologies: photovoltaics, wind energy and one out of three of solar thermal energy, biomass energy or hydro power.
-critically appraise various electrochemical storage processes and the respective storage techniques
-analyse various system components and their interconnections within a complex Renewable Energy supply system.
-evaluate the Renewable Energy supply systems’ operational size and efficiency. - critically evaluate non-technical impact and side effects when implementing renewable energy supply systems