In dieser Veranstaltung werden Zusatzaufgaben zur Vertiefung der Vorlesung- und Übungsinhalte gemeinsam bearbeitet. Darüber hinaus können Studierende im Rahmen dieser Veranstaltung inhaltliche und organisatorische Fragen klären sowie aktuelle Themen aus mikro- und makroökonomischen Perspektiven diskutieren.
The module consists of lectures and tutorials. The contents of the course will be taught in the lecture. The tutorial sessions are aimed at solving problem sets or exercises to deepen students understanding. Lecture notes and other relevant materials will be uploaded to the learning management system (Stud IP).
end of semester
written exam; voluntary contributions that improve grades may undertaken as 'portfolio-presentations' during tutorials
Skills to be acquired in this module
Students: acquire a basic understanding of economics
- know elementary economic terms and theories
- learn to analyze economic problems graphically and/or mathematically
- are able to grasp both micro- and macroeconomic relationships based on theory
- understand basic economic models and are able to apply them to current economic problems
- place current economic and political events and debates in economic contexts
- understand under which conditions market interventions by policy makers are justified from an economic perspective
- are able to assess possible effects of economic policy instruments (for example: taxes, subsidies, minimum and maximum prices, etc.).