Upon successful completion of the module students will gain:
- Technical skills in ecological field experiments, determination of plants in the field, phytosociological records, soil inventories, biomass determination and determination of biological characteristics
- Technical skills in laboratory work, statistics
- Skills in mapping plants and animals, application of GIS, spatial statistics
- Advanced knowledge of spatial ecology and the conditions of survival in heterogeneous landscapes as well as knowledge of functional ecology; assessment of academic voids between theory and empiricism
- Skills in independently dealing with ecological literature and information, respectively
Ranking/position of the module within the course of studies:
The module imparts action-oriented and theoretical knowledge of the conditions of survival in plant and animal species in heterogeneous landscapes. It serves the prognosis of impacts on the biodiversity caused by environmental changes. This represents a crucial qualification for environmental planning and habitat restitution projects.