Basic Lab. I, Math. Methods for Physics and Engineering I
Note on participation:
Diese Veranstaltung wird in englischer Sprache gehalten.
The following topics will be covered during the course:
- fundamentals of electricity
- charges, current, voltage, Ohm's law, power
- fundamental laws of direct current circuits
- Kirchhoff's laws, voltage & current sources, simplification of circuits
- major electronic components
- resistors, capacitors, diodes, transistors
- operational amplifiers & filters
- op-amp basics, op-amp operating modes, passive filters, active filters
During the course numerous projects will be developed by the students. The lecture implements a teaching concept similar to "inverted classroom", where students are provided with a range of learning materials (instructional videos, exercises, etc.), which they have to work through at home or in a team with other students. During the actual lecture, questions and exercises are discussed between lecturer and students.
At the end of the course, students are able to plan, simulate and build simple electronic circuits. They are familiar with the fundamental laws of electricity, they know about major electronic components and how to use them properly. Also, they understand the concept of filters and are able to design and implement a filter circuit.