Basics in optics and laser physics, in particular, fundamentals of optics and photonics; atomic and molecular physics; spectrophysics
Note on participation:
Diese Veranstaltung wird in englischer Sprache gehalten.
Application of atomic and molecular spectroscopy at a wide range of fields, e.g. industrial, biosciences, microscopy, pharmaceutical, environmental, trace analysis:
1. Explain the mechanisms of and fundamental distinctions between molecular and atomic spectroscopy
2. Recognise the issues regarding sensitivity and selectivity of molecular and atomic spectroscopy
3. Evaluate the limitations and analytical issues associated with each method
3. Demonstrate analytical application of these atomic and molecular absorption and emission techniques
4. Discriminate the analytical challenges that can be appropriately solved by these spectroscopic techniques.