|Module label||Work Placement (in China)|
|Credit points||6.0 KP|
|Faculty/Institute||Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law (Economics)|
|Used in course of study||
|Skills to be acquired in this module||
Attending the module, students
• gain first work experiences and are able to relate and reflect them on the basis of their study contents;
• reflect and concretize their professional motivation and career choices;
• have the competences to plan their ongoing studies (e. g. master’s thesis) as well as further master studies and their career entry;
• have deeper knowledge in the specific professional field they chose and have tested their professional competences in practice;
• enhance their social and methodological competences and prove them in the chosen organization;
• are familiar with the application process and able to reflect their own procedure accordingly so as to develop strategies for work search in the future;
• gain intercultural competences in a practical environment.
The module contents are separated into the placement itself (including the report) and the seminar.
Contents of the placement (including report)
• The work placement has to have an explicit relation to the student’s fields of study. The student’s work tasks therefore have to include aspects of economics, business administration and law or sustainability economics. Duration of at least four weeks or ca. 160 working hours is compulsory for this work placement.
• The report shall present the organization, work tasks, relations to the student’s fields of study and reflection on the student’s experiences and cognitions. It shall be of 12-15 pages in length. The certificate about the placement and its duration needs to be attached. The report is to be submitted to the “Servicestelle Praktikum”.
|Languages of instruction||English , Chinese, German|
|Duration (semesters)||1 Semester|
|Modulart||je nach Studiengang Pflicht oder Wahlpflicht|
|Lern-/Lehrform / Type of program|
|Vorkenntnisse / Previous knowledge||Basic modules in business administration|
|Examination||Time of examination||Type of examination|
|Final exam of module||
Submission of the report is possible any time during the semester.
placement report (with presentation after return, close to the research colloquium for the master’s thesis during the 4th semester)
|Workload attendance||56 h|