|Module label||Scientific Work In Economics|
|Credit points||6.0 KP|
|Faculty/Institute||Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law (Business studies)|
|Used in course of study||
|Skills to be acquired in this module||
Upon completion of the module, students will:
- Understand and apply scientific procedures in working on economic subjects.
- have acquired competence in the research field of economics.
- have acquired competence in scripting a scientific paper.
- have gained competence in project management, teamwork, and communication.
The module consists of two parts:
- Project-based mentoring: With support by mentors, the students will work in small teams on an individual research question in the field of economics. They develop suitable methods to conduct a survey, which can deal with theoretical problems or may be an empirical analysis. The aim is to write a scientific paper; not least as a preliminary exercise for the bachelor's thesis.
- Exercise courses: In additional exercise courses, the students will learn and apply adequate methods in all relevant skills of scientific work, including systematic literature search, developing and defining research questions, adequate empirical methods, and oral and written presentation of results.
|Languages of instruction||German, English|
|Duration (semesters)||1 Semester|
This module is part of the project FliF+. (“Forschungsbasiertes Lernen im Fokus +” / “Research-based learning in focus +”)
|Lern-/Lehrform / Type of program|
|Vorkenntnisse / Previous knowledge|
|Examination||Time of examination||Type of examination|
|Final exam of module||
portfolio (max. 5 parts)
|Course type||Comment||SWS||Frequency||Workload attendance|
|Projektorientiertes Modul||2.00||28 h|
|Total time of attendance for the module||56 h|