After successful completion of the module students should be able to:
· understand, describe and compare major technologies for solar energy use: solar thermal and
· analyse various system components and their interconnections within a solar energy system.
· critically appraise and assess various technologies for solar energy use and components
involved in such solar systems.
· size and evaluate the performance of solar systems as a function of their operation
conditions, components and system layout
- critically evaluate non-technical impact and side effects when implementing renewable
energy supply systems