+ Neurosci. knowlg.
+ Independent research
++ Scient. Literature
++ Social skills
+ Interdiscipl. knowlg.
++ Data present./disc.
+ Scientific English
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have thought about and discussed in depth scientific, social and ethical aspects of neuroscience.
Critical reading of neuroscience literature:
- identify article type and audience
- summarize scientific contents
- identify strengths and weaknesses of methods, conclusions etc.
- put into scientific context
- discuss manuscript style
- discuss social and ethical context and implications of the study
Critical discussion of own studies:
- present own results in a way that is appropriate for the target audience
- put own studies into the context of scientific literature
- acquire additional knowledge about a broader field of research