The overall idea of ICBM PhDs: Connected is to provide a platform for 15 min PhD project presentations, but also to talk about organizational topics in small breakout groups, and to stay in touch in these times of limited physical presence.
This meeting will take part regularly as online colloquium on a mid-monthly basis for the next semesters on Thursdays at 4:15 pm via BigBlueButton.
All PhD students of the ICBM will gather to present their current work and ongoing research of their working groups. Doctoral candidates can use these meetings to practice a talk for a colloquium or a defense.
ICBM PhDs: Connected is adapted to current PhD related topics and PhD needs:
• Introduction of new PhDs
• Project presentation of ~2 PhDs in a 15 min talk (including discussion, 0.5 CP, one talk required per OLTECH PhD student during project time)
• Get the chance to chat with ICBM PhD representatives
• provide small breakout groups to talk about organizational things like home office problems and solutions
• having a chat with Ferdinand Esser (PhD program coordinator)
• meeting other PhD students form neighbor institutions (HIFMB; ZMT, AWI, HZG)