Inclusive leadership means having the courage to take unconscious steps to break down barriers for people who are at risk of being excluded. Inclusive leaders appreciate diversity and invite to participate in the general decision-making processes. At the same time, they support and demand self-determination and pro-activeness.
The basics of the inclusive leadership approach include:
• To respect and recognize the worth of everyone
• A leadership approach based on human rights
• Having an awareness of global relationships
• Being able to reflect on their role of power
• Having the courage to take and share responsibility.
Aims of the interactive Workshop:
- Understand the special characteristics of the Inclusive Leadership approach.
- Competence checks of the developmental areas of an inclusive leader
- Successfully deal with or avoid micro-aggressions, to create a safe environment, where all team members can express themselves freely.
- Storytelling and listening with genuine interest: Practice self-reflection. Accept that imperfection is part of reality. Develop an awareness of your own strengths and limits.
- Dealing constructively with stereotypes, prejudices and perceptions: Understanding the danger of a single story. Become aware of the process behind stereotypes and know how to use your own power responsibly.
- Case Clinic: solve your own cases with peer support. Develop new perspectives or approaches to questions or challenges.
- Practice listening and giving positive feedback without judgment.
Target group: Doctoral candidates, Postdocs and Scientist who are leading a team.
Please note that the registration is only possible via the website of the Graduate Academy: https://uol.de/p88141